This trip is only available for participants from Whiteland Community High School at this time; if you would like to be put on a wait list, please contact us.
IAA Camp Clubhouse is a 10-day service trip to Guatemala to empower at-risk youth through creative arts.
• 2 days of team building in Antigua, Guatemala
• 5 days of teaching workshops at an art camp
• Art Show with the community
Clubhouse Guatemala assists with education, provides many physical needs including medical and dental, homes, stoves, water filters, school supplies while encouraging Christian faith based values.
TEAM MEMBER ROLES
There’s a place for everyone on the team, no matter your skill level or experience.
- Workshop Leaders
- Workshop Assistants
- Logistics Coordinators
- Storytellers / Blog writers
- Photo/Video Crew
- Social Media
You don’t have to be a professional creative. you just need to want to make a difference through creativity.
Travel to Guatemala and spend the night in Antigua, a 500-year-old Spanish Colonial City surrounded by three volcanoes.
Get to know team members, explore, and spend another night in Antigua
Travel to the I AM ART Camp location, meet with local leaders, and prepare the facility for the week-long camp
Attend large group sessions, Teach small group session workshops to at-risk youth, and spend time with Artist Team Members from around the world
Teach a final small group workshop session, prepare for a celebratory art show and visit the surrounding community to get a cultural understanding of the children’s lives
Celebrate the week’s achievement in an Art Show with youth and community and spend the afternoon sightseeing
We’ll equip you with everything you need to impact lives through creative arts, including how to:
• Guide youth to explore their story through creative arts
• Understand the cultural and spiritual context of the trip
• Collaborate with like-minded creatives from all over the world
• Empower through story and creative arts
• Raise funds using our media and crowd-funding platform
• Promoting your trip through strategic social media
• Preparing lesson plans for a 5 day workshop using our curriculum guide
• Research and produce inspirational stories
• Select gear for international production
• Pack strategically for a short-term vision trip
Reflect on your journey before you return home.
You don’t have to pay for anything out of pocket. We help you raise support as a 501c3 nonprofit.
Athentikos is a 501c3 nonprofit and can accept tax-deductible donations on your behalf. In addition, all I AM ART team members are offered a personal crowd-funding campaign similar to Kickstarter through our web site. We’ll coach you through the fundraising process and provide the resources you need to communicate your opportunity to grow and serve, including our films about Guatemala.
Every team member who has wanted to join an I AM ART trip has been able to raise funding to cover costs. You do not have to pay for the trip out of your pocket. If you have questions, please contact us.
Example of Fundraising campaign.
Use the award-winning Athentikos documentary for fundraising.
TOTAL COST = REGISTRATION FEE + TEAM FEE + AIRFARE
We break out the total cost into three installments. Your fundraising can cover everything.
In-country transportation, lodging, all meals, operational expenses, some art materials, team supplies, training and scholarships for local artists.
Airfare varies depending on your departure city. People can donate airline miles to your trip and reduce your airfare cost … even make it free!
Transportation, lodging, all meals, and tours.
Team members are responsible for:
• Personal spending money (approximately $150) • Some materials needed for Creative Workshops